No COVID-19 PUI in Pangasinan says PHO
“Nananatili ang probinsya natin na COVID-19 free. Wala na ring naitalang person under investigation sa probinsya.”
This was bared by Provincial Health Officer II Anna Maria Teresa De Guzman who served as one of the resource speakers in this week’s edition of Pangasinan in Action (Lingguhang Talakayan sa Kapitolyo) held at the Urduja Ceremonial Hall in Lingayen.
It can be noted the two persons under investigation (PUI) were admitted in Region 1 Medical Center (R1MC) on February 10 and February 12. The two cases were released on February 17 and 19, respectively after testing negative of corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Continuous monitoring in the Capitol Complex is also observed by the provincial government amidst the threat of the COVID-19.
“Bilang parte ng direktiba ni Governor Amado I. Espino III ay naglabas tayo ng alintuntunin para makaiwas sa COVID-19 sa workplace,” said Dr. De Guzman.
Digital thermometers are placed inside the offices to monitor the employees and clients of the provincial government. The medical first aid area is also set-up in case employees and clients reach 38° C upon which the person with high temperature will be brought to a health station for further medical check-up.
Alcohols and sanitizers in offices are provided for hygiene and protection.
Despite the decreasing number of persons under investigation in the Philippines, increasing confirmed cases in other countries are recorded.
“May mga pagamba tayo ngayon dahil nga nagbukas na ang borders ng mga countries na nakaparaming cases ng confirmed COVID-19,” said Dr. De Guzman.
As a precautionary measure against the threat COVID-19, Governor Amado I. Espino III postponed the events and services of the provincial government earlier this month until mid-April.
Meanwhile, Provincial Tourism and Cultural Affairs Officer Ma. Luisa Elduayan and Special Events Team Chief Marife Acerit stated that the celebration of Agew na Pangasinan will be observed in a simple but meaningful way. On the other hand, the month-long celebration of Pistay Dayat will be moved to a much later date starting on April 24.
In accordance to this, Dr. De Guzman said that lesser cases of COVID-19 are predicted to occur during the summer season as the virus does not thrive in hot environment.
“Base sa deklarasyon ng World Health Organization (WHO) kung saan na-predict nila na bababa ang mga kaso ng COVID-19 sa katapusan ng Abril. Ito ang nagiging basehan ni Governor Espino sa advise na ipagpatuloy ang selebrayon ng ating Pistay Dayat,” said De Guzman.
Dr. De Guzman also warned Pangasinenses on heat-related diseases such as sore eyes, sun burn, heat stroke, and measles this summer.
Provincial Health Officer II Anna Maria Teresa De Guzman was joined by Provincial Tourism and Cultural Affairs Officer Ma. Luisa Elduayan and Special Events Team Chief Marife Acerit who discussed the upcoming events of the provincial government and Provincial Veterinarian OIC Jovito Tabajeros who gave updates on the African Swine Fever cases in the province.
/Paula Jhea Sison (Photo by Jin Perez)